Thursday, January 9, 2014

I asked God for a miracle today, this year starting with endings, people around me broken and hurting, and my hands useless, helpless.

In the gray of the morning, I sat on the edge of my bed, looking for Him, looking for light. Mercy stretched out beside me, soft and dimpled...and she smiled at me.

She does this now, when she catches my eye. She grins and chuckles. And I realized, This is my miracle for today.

Eight months ago she pulled away from my touch, today she gives me all of herself in just a glance. God is gracious.

I grabbed my camera and delighted in her curls and her laughter...and I found the light...in her eyes. And I will cling to this, that He works miracles yet.




 
 
 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His light is everywhere, isn't it? Glad we can see it when we look and glad He gave you a miracle and glad you shared it in such lovely photography with us. Her complicated, big spirit is captured in those photos.

Ab

susan said...

Trust and Love. Amazing how they work together. The transformation in your small one is nothing short of miraculous.
God is good, all the time.

Colleen said...

LOVE !!

You have the most fun family of all to look at!