Tuesday, November 19, 2013

He's eight years old, and he calls me to look...at the light, the colors of the leaves, the stars...and it is never enough for me to look through the window, but to really look, to see... And so we have wandered through the neighbor's fields together at dawn and river's dike at dusk. I have stood -- right here, Mom -- under the maple, sunlight filtering through decadent foliage and shivered under a clear sky while he pointed to the swirls of light and watched raindrops from our porch -- doesn't the rain twinkle, Mom? I am so very thankful for him, for how he helps us all to slow to see the beauty of gathered stars and streaking sunset and morning light. The photos here are his capturing of the season...

 




 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MALCOLM! These are just beautiful photos. I love each and every one. I want to have them all framed. So fun to see the season of Fall through your eyes, you beauty-seeker. Love it. Thanks, momma, for posting.
Ab

Anonymous said...

The child has a good eye. :) Keep on snapping those shots.
Mrs. G