Dear Mr. Stearns,
My name is Monte, and I am 8 years old. My brother was born in Ethiopia. My parents read your book you wrote and showed me videos on your website. I decided I wanted to build a well in Africa. I have been saving my money, and many people have helped me. I hope this well will help people know Jesus.
We challenged you to read The Hole in Our Gospel, and you did...and were changed. I write today to tell you how Ethiopia changed because of you. I received an e-mail from our contact, and World Vision's Millenium Water Project in Ethiopia has been completed. Because of your open hearts and hands, you helped make the following statistics possible:
- 96,000 children and adults in rural Ethiopia gained access to safe water
- 49 miles of pipeline have been laid
- 78 water points have been constructed
- 7,400 latrines have been built
- 6,000 training sessions on hygiene have been offered
- 202 water supply caretakers and technicians have been trained
Thank you, friends, for being a part of bringing life to this corner of the world.