Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiration


The wet has had us indoors, and this project was perfect last week. A white crayon, a handful of brushes, watercolor paper and paints, and we were all delighted with the results. I found the idea here...perhaps it will bring color to your gray day?


And our bread baking...I have been delighting in the recipes from Artisan Breads in 5 Minutes a Day and Healthy Breads in 5 Minutes a Day. I always dreamed of bread making becoming a part of my rhythm. I had a vision of the perfect mama with sleeves pushed past elbows, flour-smudged nose, kneading by the window...wholesome, homemade bread rising under a pretty cloth...thick sandwhich slices smothered in raspberry freezer jam... But it had not happened, this bread making rhythm. Over the years I have made bread, and it has been such a mess and such time, and then the loaf is gone in a meal, and with a babe on the hip and a pile of school books who has time to start that all over again? But heavens, this is it. For the past three weeks, we have made crusty while boule and whole wheat rustic bread and honey wheat sandwhich loaves, and it is so easy... Take a peek at the link here.




 Oh, and if you are looking for some projects on these long dark evenings, here are a couple that I am hoping to try...a free pattern for a summer top that I am hoping to sew for MyLinh and a free embroidery pattern so lovely that I will need to find a reason to pull out my hoop and needle.

Hoping you are finding beauty in these January days....

1 comment:

Delena said...

I love Oliver + S. I found them at the sewing expo last year. Love that idea of crayon and watercolor. Just what I was looking for. And LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Artisan Bread. :)