Friday, December 24, 2010

He is born

It is only the eve of this Christmas, this remembrance of His coming as a babe, and I find myself wrestling disappointment already. I didn't send cards this year, nor make the gifts I intended or bake as I hoped. There were calls I planned that didn't happen, and I am frustrated that I couldn't, didn't give as I had expected, wished.

And so I choose thanksgiving.

I thank Him for the quiet mornings reading about His family tree, for the gifts that little hands did make and give, for the baking that we received, and for His grace. Because that is what this is all about, isn't it? That while we were living in chaos, clamoring to understand how to do this life, not even clearly seeing our frailty and faults, He came. This Christmas, I am choosing thanksgiving.

May you remember all of His gifts to you this Christmas and may you...

...seek Him, as the wise men did...


...follow Him, wherever He leads...


...know fully the warmth of His father-love...


...and see His fingerprints everywhere in this journey...


Merry Christmas...He is born

3 comments:

Cameron and Megan said...

Merry Christmas!

Kristen said...

Merry Christmas!! Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - CHRISTmas greetings to you all :)