Monday, November 22, 2010

My challenge...and yours, Day 28

I cannot adequately express my gratitude to each of you precious souls that has walked this thanks-giving season with me. What a journey this has been to attempt to understand what it means to walk in His footsteps, to see from His perspective. You have humbled me with your generosity, amazed me with your hours spent reading and seeking and putting to words that soul-wrestling. You have blessed my entire family with your jars of change, fat envelopes marked "Monte's Well Fund," your faith steps. Our lives will not ever be the same because of the beauty we have seen in each of your lives as you love like Him.

Tomorrow, I hope to make our contribution to the well fund. My challenge to you was to read The Hole in Our Gospel and share your response with me. We will be donating $10 for each of you that have read and responded (or will do so by tomorrow night). If you aren't certain that you have been counted in, make sure you leave a comment on this post. Remember the added incentive? Your names will go in a hat, and one winner will have a pound of Gobena coffee beans to enjoy this Christmas season!

On this Monday of gratitude, I am thanking Him for sparkling Ann, who encouraged me to share what God was teaching us, how He was pushing...and for Ann Voskamp whose writing has turned my eyes to Jesus again and again...and Tonia whose radiant transparency has blessed me.

2 comments:

momtoo said...

This day I devoted to baking pumpkin pies and reading a book I should have read the first day of your challenge. It has left me humbled and ashamed of the Hole in "my" Gospel. My prayer is that "My heart will be broken by the things that break the heart of God." And my favorite little African quote, "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try spending the night in a closed room with a mosquito." :o)Thankful for you and for a young 8 year old who wants to fund a well.

tonia said...

you are such a blessing. i am so privileged to know you just a little, riann and i look forward to more knowing.

i got all wrapped up in last week's festivities, but our gift is in the mail to you and i am terribly sorry we have missed the deadline!

thanks for your great patience with me! :)