Friday, November 12, 2010

My challenge...and yours, Day 25

Dear farming friend, she delivers encouragement with my organic produce. I am grateful for her lovely heart. Below is her response to The Hole in Our Gospel...

My book is tattered, marked up with notes but today I finished reading “The Hole in the Gospel” for the first time. There were times when I couldn't put it down and other times where I couldn't pick it up.


At times I was overwhelmed but hopeful, angry yet encouraged, disappointed in myself, uncomfortable with my silence, disgusted with the holes I have chosen to avoid rather than fill and yet I was inspired not defeated,

“Don't fail to do something just because you can't do everything.” ~ Bob Pierce

“A small act, done with great love by ordinary men and woman, can change the world.” ~Renee` Stearns
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa

So, for now, I will seek to do “something”, no matter how small or how insignificant it may seem to me. I will pick up my shovel. I will break out of my little world of home, family and church by asking God which hole he wants me to start to fill.


“Preach the gospel always. When necessary use words.” ~St. Francis Assisi

1 comment:

mona said...

echoing my thoughts and feellings exactly, farmer friend. the statistics left me wilted at times...too much, what can i do, knowing i must do something....doing nothing is not an option. as you remind us, one shovel at a time, but first we must be willing and wanting to pick up the shovel.