Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The ceremony

We don't have access to download photos, but we had the "good-bye ceremony" at the orphanage today. It was so lovely, and the tears started when the orphanage director asked one of the dads in our group to read from Scripture...the story of Moses. Our little guy slept through most of the event, but Daddy nibbled a special cake while I photographed and took video. It was a precious event.
 
The afternoon wrapped up with a shopping trip, which was hard...such lovely people here and such heart-ache and pain on every corner. We visited a leprosy hospital and craft shop, and that was an amazing experience. We also found a store selling reknown coffee, but other than that, we won't be bringing much home. It was difficult to do much other shopping when hungry children cling to you as you walk by on the street.
 
We are settling in for the night here, with a tired boy on Daddy's shoulder and a 2:00 a.m. bottle in our near future. We ask for your prayers as we gather up the rest of Moses' documents tomorrow and board a plane at midnight. We will not forget this country and hope that our journey here will help others to never forget it as well.
 
 

10 comments:

dad and mom said...

Praying and so thankful for God's leading and protection, your bravery, for our dear little Moses, and that you are Coming Home. :o)
Love you,
dad and mom

Anonymous said...

I think I depict a theme here. Moses was named long before we knew him wasn't he?

Anonymous said...

Hi Moses, the Rogers family is looking forward to meeting you. We look forward also to seeing you playing with your brothers and sister and Amanda and Christine. Please give your Mom and Dad each a big kiss from cousin John!

Exodus 15:1-2

Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD :"I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Kristen said...

wow. Praying you home. Do you stop off in Wales again? That would be so special.
Love you.

Auntie Erika said...

Praying you safely home. We can't wait to see you. Praying your flights will be uneventful and even restful. Much love,
The three of us :0)

Anonymous said...

He is so captivating!! I can hardly wait to hold those beautiful brown rolls. We are praying daily! How awesome it is to see our God as Jehovah Nessi --God my banner, who has lead the way your entire trip! Such an awesome and mighty God we know! Love you, Irene and my house of little men. :-)

Christie said...

Will be praying for your safe trip home and adjustment back to the correct time zone....for all three of you!! Give him a kiss from the Taylors and tell the kids Sami says hi! Can't wait to see pics of all the kids together!!

Jeanne said...

Praying you three home from here, too. Moses, you have so hit the family jackpot; you are about to be loved more than a little brown-eyed boy has ever been loved. Blessings to you all, jeanne & umbob

Anonymous said...

At 10:56 P.M I am finally shutting the computer off. I have read the comments and it seems like Moses has lots of admirers. I talked with his brothers and sister today.
When I talked with My she asked where Pappy was. You may be home when you read this. If so, welcome home.
We love all of you.
Grandma and Grandpap.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. Praying for quick adjustments for all of you guys. Safe travels. Talk to you soon. Love always, Jammie