Friday, May 21, 2010

Playlist

I spent nearly 5 hours in the car one day this week, with just MyLinh as company. Her chattering ceased as the noon hour arrived, bringing sleep, and I enjoyed my playlist on the iPod. Road construction had us shifted into park, and my thoughts wandered as the music played, song after song.

These past weeks have been such a wild ride...especially as I prepare to cross continents and oceans and leave three of my babes to bring my youngest home. This is a sweet time, but a hard time too, and the unknowns of tomorrows loom large. It is in these shadows that I breathe prayers, asking that my little ones will know their mama's love for them, their mama's desires for them as they grow.

And so the playlist jars me a bit, as I think about what I leave behind -- maybe just left for 12 days, maybe left for longer. I have always loved perusing the bookcases in the homes of new friends. The titles stacked heavy on shelves tell much about a person. But, in just the palm of my hand, I hold a reflection of what I value and fill my mind with, condensed into, really a playlist. Funny, isn't it, what this iPod tells about me. Funny or rich or...? What would it tell, if I left it behind? (Which I won't, as it will be a delight on the nearly 20 hours of flights.) But, this is what I am wondering...what does the symphony of my life sound like? And, I wonder what my playlist sounds like to those listening in...

I have packing and cleaning to do yet, but these are a few of the songs that I will be listening to:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Great choices! I love David Crowder!

Jordan and Amber said...

Hey Sis. Love ya. Have a great flight.LOL. give Noah a hug from us as soon as you see him. We'll give your kiddos a hug or two from you.Your a great Mom and a pretty decent Aunt and Sis. we'll pray for just being gone for 12 days. See you on the flip. J

mom said...

i love you...and i'm sure she'll also give moses a hug from you too, jordo.

Anonymous said...

but...where are the Newsboys?! ;) God Bless you, Riann! :)

Anonymous said...

oh Jordan.


Love you:)