Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Packing

I am amazed at this...how ready I thought I was and the reality of what I have yet to do in the next 5 days.



I have a lot to do.



Here is the sweet, sweet part of this packing adventure though...50+ pounds of donations for the orphanages. Thank you, dear ones, for your part in packing these suitcases. Because of your generosity, carefully compacted into a hulking red suitcase are baby slings, needed medications, cloth diapers and covers, children's clothing in a variety of sizes, educational toys, school supplies, a playmat, books, baby spoons... I feel so richly blessed to be able to deliver these. What a joy to do so in Christ's name.



Below is a photo of the most peaceful place in our home, the only corner not turned upside down by our packing/cleaning/playing. Here is Moses' dresser, a quiet corner in the boys' room, drawers filled with soft, tiny things for our newest treasure.



7 comments:

Cameron and Megan said...

such a sweet corner....so excited for yall to be together!!!!!

Christie said...

So precious....just makes me want to cry!! Cherish every moment.

Delena said...

I am sooooo excited for you!

mom said...

i am aching.

everything we need is enough said...

I am SO SO excited for you all!!! Safe travels and please take lots of pictures!!!

Auntie Erika said...

Love the room color. I never got to see the finished product. Can't believe that those 5 days are now 4! Giddy at the thought ;0)

Anonymous said...

Ri, You have been on my mind all week, dear friend!! Can't wait to see your little moses. I'm going to try and get a call into you this week. I love you! ~Irene