Saturday, May 22, 2010

Now

We leave tomorrow to bring home our Moses.

Joy and fear color these crowding thoughts and chaotic last minute preparations. I feel nearly undone, wandering through my home that will within hours have a "For Sale" sign in the yard...gathering the documents that allow us to bring home our son...packing my children's clothing for their stay with grandparents, praying their hearts will not ache as mine will...and I pray.

Ann wrote these words, "Life is only all our moments slipped on in a row, one after the other -- and if you turn slow in the light, the moments might shine translucent and the surprise of it catches you and releases you and it is what you always hoped and always knew. There is mystery and glory in every now."

I am asking the One that orchestrated this grand journey for the peace and grace and strength to live these moments for His glory and the ability to savor every now.

7 comments:

The Siler Family said...

Wishing safe travels!

Anonymous said...

You bring me to happy tears. Godspeed my sweet friend, and I cannot wait to see your gorgeous son in your arms! :)
love,
dea

mom said...

counting down...to your departure and homecoming.....

Christie said...

This is just lovely....can't tell you how excited we are to see and hear of your journey. Praying for wonderful peace and joy as you travel to your precious #4!

Kelsi RaeAnne said...

Praying for a safe trip -- Counting down the days until we get to meet this precious boy!

Mark and Sarah said...

Teary over here--your words are what my heart feels too. See you Thursday!

Safe travels,
Sarah

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful trip!!!