Monday, April 26, 2010

"We are one day closer to Moses..."

...this is what Alex tells me as another day ends and the silent phone and empty inbox bring me to tears. He speaks truth though, and we are one day closer, even as we wait, again today, for news of travel dates -- news that tells us when we will be holding our boy close. As we continue to wait, we are learning about Ethiopia, a crash course, really, since this process has galloped along so quickly until now that we have had very little time to research the birthplace of our son. And so, in this coming week, each day I will be sharing a little of what we are learning.

Today, I leave you thinking about the Korah people of Ethiopia. As Alex and I were researching internet cafes in Addis Ababa, someone else was writing a post about a leper colony outside the city of Addis Ababa, a group of "untouchables" in this, the largest and most "modern" of cities in Ethiopia. I am daily absolutely staggered by what I am learning about this country and reminded not only how little I know about this world, but also "now that I have seen, I am responsible..." Ravi Zacharias wrote, “those of us who are believers are God’s hands in benevolence, to lighten the burdens and pains of this world." What are your hands doing today? I am asking that too...

1 comment:

MD said...

Just checking for a status update(: Sewing and getting ready for Moses and Eleanor(: Love you, miss you.