Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New court date

Another court date has come and gone, and we now wait for news on April 9th. As the rain falls today, dampening perspective, I remember the hymn that I so often sang in Vietnam...

"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love."

And so, as I ache for this child unknown to me, yet still somehow miraculously mine, in the rain...I sing.

4 comments:

Christie said...

Riann and Family,
So sorry this date didn't work out, but we KNOW that God does all things in His time....especially these adoption journeys!! May your hearts be filled with HIS peace.
Still praying,
Christie

mom said...

Amen.

Kristen said...

Praying and aching right along with you. Can't wait for our Moses to be in your arms.

Love you all.
Auntie K, Uncle Johnny and boys

Our Family said...

Well, that is a good date! I'm having Boaz that day! :o) Let us hope with joyful expectation that the Lord's perfect will is being played out and that this time all will be just right. Then Boaz and Moses will have something forever in common. Love you, Ri.
Er