Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sweet boy




Such excitement these weeks have held. Christmas was closely followed with a birthday, and then my newly minted 8 year-old lost his two front teeth. We are loving these silly smiles.

It was days after our last guest left and our school schedule had resumed that this sweet boy stood at the door, helping younger sibling into cozy new Christmas sweatshirts. "You know, Mom," he said, zipping up little brother, "Gram and Papa got these for us because they loved us." I responded affirmatively, my thoughts elsewhere, fingers fastening little sister's mary janes. "You know, Mom," he continued thoughtfully, "We are really rich in love."

Today, Monte B. reminded me yet again of how rich we are in love, as he brought down a handful of coins and dollars from his bank and asked us to start a fund for the hurting in Haiti. Will you join us here or here? Thanking God for His love and for this sweet boy I am privileged to call mine.

7 comments:

Not So SilentDea said...

what a nice post. sweet face, too! :) the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. ♥♥

Anonymous said...

We were wanting to see a picture of the new smile.Thanks for posting it. He sure is a sweet boy.We are very proud to call him our Great grand son.
Grandma and Pappy

Auntie Erika said...

Makes me want to leave my son on your doorstep to raise ;0). Ok, not really, but I sure hope I can raise him up to be as sweet and thoughtful as your kiddos.

Auntie Erika said...

PS Love the new smile :0)

Kristen said...

I am deeply touched, but anything I would right sounds silly at the moment. Give that dear a big hug and kiss for me.
love you
Auntie K

Kristen said...

ditto with auntie Erika! :)

Anonymous said...

The Schells are truely rich in love!
I have some sheep and a goat I am willing to give up for an arranged marriage for Monte and Libby??