Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rain


11:54 p.m.

I find myself in hours of the night I don't usually see. It has been dark for most of this day, the sheets of rain hiding the sun, and in these even blacker hours, the rain continues to pour.

This has been a dark week, and a line from an old Amy Grant song plays in my head, "I'm raining on the inside/This heart wells up with tears that start to pour...." These have been some rainy days, and sometimes this torrential rain threatens to drown.

And then...

I read, "He has made everything beautiful in its time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11), and I remember.
There is hope.
This January rain will end because He changes times and seasons (Daniel 2:21). And, by His grace, this water-stained me will be changed too.

1 comment:

dea said...

when are you going to write a book?