Although a traumatic dermatology appointment for Malcolm and dental appointments for Monte and Daddy don't make the highlights list, but they did fill up this week. Some highlights include:
- Packages, flowers, cookie dough, cards, homemade barley soup, expressions of love arriving almost daily. We have felt so loved!
- Monte's first t-ball practice! Great fun for the whole family as MyLinh enjoyed meeting some of the folks that prayed her home (including one family, with their lifestyle of faith living, that inspired us to adopt when we did). Malcolm enjoyed collecting pinecones to feed to sister.
- Bath-tub extras...ahem. Although MyLinh is using the potty (it still cracks us up to see her perched on the chair), she is not completely potty-trained. One forgets that toddlers and bathtime can be a bad combination. I have had to go "fishing" too many times this week for things that should NOT be in the tub.
- First steps! MyLinh is walking! She is making strides (pun intended) daily, and it is so fun to watch. The last count was 12 steps in a row.
- Pork fried rice and wonton soup, thanks to an honorary uncle. A delicious taste of Asia prepared with love and delivered to our table.
We are marveling that it takes two adults to corral three kids. We are going to have to get our act together in order for me to be able to take the reins by next weekend when Alex returns to work!