Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grateful

After thinking about the blog I just posted, I realized that I was not expressive about how grateful we are for the smoothness of this paperwork! What a blessing that it was over and done with so quickly (especially as we had a question about our I-600's expiration/renewal). How quickly my gratefulness for the speed of this paperwork/appointment process turned to ungratefulness at not being able to leave on my timetable! I am reminded of this hymn and thanking God for His faithfulness and this sweet girl beside me...

Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God my Father
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed, Thy hand has provided
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

Great is Thy Faithfulness...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you. mom

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way you are sharing and witnessing - Love to you all. Sue G.

Lyd said...

Ri, is there any way that we on this end could be a help to you? We are praying, but is there something else we can do as well? Calling airlines, checking schedules, etc? Please let us know...Love, Lyd

Anonymous said...

ri, i hadn't read your earlier blog! just the "grateful". roxanne said she was able to help eric change his flight from this end. loves mom

Anonymous said...

Riann and Alex,
I am so greatful you have the Visa. I was worried a bit about it. Mark was afraid that their government would hang it over your head and demand more money, so that little visa in hand has put us to rest.
God has done so much to speed things up that I believe you will be home early. But whether you are or not, I know you are on God's schedule and what a good place that is to be.
I was so in love with MyLinh before I ever got to know her and through your blog, I feel like I know her already. I miss her so much. She is a jewel in the crown of our family. We are so blessed to have her. I just can't wait to actually see her. I've been thinking about dieing my hair black so she will come to me when you get home. (Only kidding) She is going to be so fun to have. We have enjoyed your boys so much, what a great addition!
Love,
Auntie Melody and Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

Just got home from Mona and Monte's. Missed you at the dinner last night. We didn't look at the slides. We can do that when more of you can be there.
So happy about the visa.I keep checking your blog to see if you got an earlier flight.
We love all of you.
Grandma and Grandpap

Jordan and Amber said...

RI, just got called for dinner so I am gonna run. Like everyone else, let us know if we can call,beg or otherwise convince some one to get you the flight you need. LOve to help. Can't wait to see you all together. Your boys are excited. Love J

Anonymous said...

Tears to your hymm, He is great! We love you.