Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday

A very quiet, very lazy day. We had a delicious breakfast at Somerset Grande, enjoying the very western choice of pancakes and eggs. (A treat after instant oats, our standby.) MyLinh enjoyed the outing as well...charming the waitresses with her smiles. We met another adoptive family from Ireland and enjoyed visiting with them about their experience.

Our afternoon held naps and pool time. It was hot today, and it was refreshing to be in the water. We took off for a walk in the evening...what colorful and exciting streets and alleys! We retreated to the quiet of the hotel courtyard to watch the bats gather in the dusk. (They were doing their God-given jobs of keeping those pesky mosquitoes away!) A gathering thunderstorm sent us inside, and we are now listening to thunder and rain.

I read a quote this morning in a blog that has become a favorite of mine. I will say goodnight on this note:
“Before you go out into the world,
wash your face
in the clear crystal of praise.
Bury each yesterday
in the fine linen and spices of thankfulness.”
~Charles Spurgeon

8 comments:

Lyd said...

On our side of the world, I'm getting ready to leave for church...I just can't express how thankful I am that you three sound like a peaceful, little family. Praise our God that ML feels so at home with you. I'm so happy for you, Ri and Alex! Looking forward to welcoming you home! (I'll give your boys a squeeze in Sunday School today...:) Love, Lyd

Anonymous said...

lyd's way ahead of us. we're still in our jammies,(and eating lucky charms...a bribe) but will be soon getting ready also. love looking at you all and your words of encouragement. mom

Anonymous said...

No lucky charms at our house this morning(doesn't work on the adult male like it does the young male!)
Glad you found "familiar" food for breakfast...how did ML like pancakes??
Hugs,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Really need to know! What does MyLinh's hair feel like??
Colleen

Anonymous said...

My screen just showed two bathing beauties. Thanks for all the great pictures.
We had some delicious sea food last night. Went to our yearly oyster dinner.
Hope your paper work goes smoothly.
It is only 10:45 a.m. here, and I have already checked for new comments three times.
Our love to all,
Grandma and Grandpap

Jordan and Amber said...

Well since everyone else is talking about jammies and food, I'll throw in my two bits. 1st, I don't plan on getting out of my sweats all day. ( the one benefit of being sick) B) We had delicious "sunday bread" similiar to cinamon rolls-kind of. 4th, I am going to eat apple pie for lunch. Obviously I am on the mend! Ri, Again I love the pics and am thrilled that Mi is doing so well for you. Will continue to pray that the week,paper work and travel go smoothly for you. Love J

StaceynCorey said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm just daydreaming of a day like that with our daughter. Sounds like you're really having a great time.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sabbath!!!I want to bring Reed over to swim with My Linh for a play date!
Was doing my Beth Moore study today and a verse we had to read made me feel like it was for you- a sort of summary of your preface to meeting your daughter and the next step-

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." !=0)
lovin' you friends,
Al

Proverbs 13:12